Rock Planet

rock-planet.com
It is currently 27. 04. 2024. 23:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Faustcoven (NorveÅ¡ka)
PostPosted: 08. 02. 2009. 15:34 

bas slusam Rising From Below the Earth, proslogodisnji album od ovih norvezana, i ovoj prava stvar. za sve one koji misle da se tamo vise nist zanimljivog ne dogadja, nek se mozd malo odmaknu od izvikanih i trendsetterskih bendova i provjere ove. nisam sluso predhodni im album, ali formula je navodno ista, kombinacija starinskog blacka i tradicionalnog dooma (za razliku od vec preisfuranog depressive black / funeral doom trenda), ovdje uz dost nekog horror death prizvuka. i to ful funkcionira, atmosfera ona bizarna, mucna, bez trunke milosti, same stvari su zrele, pravo dobar bend koji iako skroz regresivan uspjeva napravit nest svoje. makar i kao u biti black doom death crossover, ovoj ipak neki znak kreativnosti koji se ne gubi u besmislu toboznje "avangarde", a nije ni predvidljivi i jeftini wannabe true black, ovdje vec ima nekih muda.... stoj najbitnije, muzika je dobra. jel ko sluso ostalo njihovo, jel u rangu s ovim?

This is the second album from Faustcoven, a Norwegian band playing black/death metal.

The production on this record is deeply murky, with echoing vocals buried beneath a thick layer of fuzzed-out guitars and distorted bass. The drums are audible, but sound a bit distant, as if they hesitate to distract too much from the atmosphere. And what an atmosphere it is! I've rarely encountered an album that's as well-matched by its production.

Faustcoven's last record was slow black metal, but I'd call this one doom/death metal, with just a touch of the first-wave black metal sound they had before. Well, it's extremely heavy METAL, whatever you want to call it! The echo-laden vocals remind me of Necros Christos, but the instrumentation is 100% unique -- this band eschews speed and conventional notions of catchiness in favor of layered, doomy riffs and a twisted sense of oblique melody. The atomsphere of lumbering, oppressive, inevitable death on this record is sublime, a great combination for the deeply Satanic lyrics. Thus, "At Night They Rise From Below the Earth", an eleven-minute dirge with lyrics which conjure a Lovecraftian atmosphere of hopelessness and forbidden knowledge, is the perfect opening track for this record. "In The Court of Severe Judgement" is the perfect closer, too, and is one of the few tracks I've ever heard that shatters the lie of Christianity using nothing but its own debased terms. Between the two lie battle, zombies, the winged messenger of Hell, an encrypted tribute to good whisky, and an excellent cover of Angel Witch's classic "Baphomet", among others -- what more can you ask for?

Intelligent lyrics, unique riffs, excellent cover & booklet artwork, and over an hour of atmospheric immersion make "Rising From Below the Earth" a strong contender for best-of-2008. Those who like bassy, mid-paced metal will be well-pleased by this one; I love both, so this record earns my highest recommendations.

Faustcoven - Rising from Below the Earth - 2008

http://danmetalreleases.blogspot.com/20 ... -2008.html

Post subject: Re: Faustcoven
PostPosted: 08. 02. 2009. 16:14 

http://sharebee.com/38c15783 - The Halo of Burning Wings (2003)

muzicki manje black deathdoom vise norveski black + trad doom, mada je meni atmosfera na Rising From Below the Earth puno crnja. originalni i kvalitetni old school underground black metal koji stvarno zvuci mracno i morbidno, a ima i nekog smisla za humor, prava rijetkost danas :mrgreen:

http://www.myspace.com/Faustcoven

Post subject: Re: Faustcoven
PostPosted: 08. 02. 2009. 16:23 

Faustcoven is a Black/Doom Metal band from Norway, started in 2002 by sole member Gunnar Hansen (with Johnny Tombthrasher, and Terje Kraaboel having contributed live drums in the studio). The sound of Faustcoven however, is far removed from what one usually expects from Norwegian Black Metal, being mainly inspired by the first wave of Black Metal, trad./proto Doom and classic Heavy Metal of all shapes. The production is bassy and heavy not the usual trebly & thin B.M.-production, the riffs groovy and midpaced instead of tremolo raping two note melodies, and no blastbeats are to be seen for miles around. Instead of frozen forests and evil elves, the atmosphere of Faustcoven invokes horror and DOOM. Oh yeah, and; No corpsepaint! Neither is Faustcoven a Funeral Doom band in disguise, the riffs are more dynamic, trying to follow the lead of Black Sabbath, Pentagram and Hellhammer/Celtic Frost rather than the more static, droney riffs many other Black/Doom bands use. The most modern part of Faustcoven is probably the extensive use of dissonance, lending a sense of eeriness to the music, but the total package is one mans personal time machine back into the 80’s (and sometimes even the 70’s).

Signed on die hard old school label Barbarian Wrath, the discography of Faustcoven so far apart from demos, includes 2 full lengths (The Halo of Burning Wings (2003) and Rising From Below the Earth (2008)) and one 7’’ split with fellow Norwegian band Koldbrann released in 2006. The next several months will also see the two albums released as LP’s on legendary vinyl label Nuclear War Now!, a demo/rehersal anthology on Under the Sign of Garazel, and a split 7’’ on Iron Tyrant with German labelmates Cultes des Goules. The next full-length, tentatively titled “Hellfire & Funeral Bells” is also in the works, although it will not be released anytime soon. While representing a rebellion against everything modern, gothy and sterile, as well as the so called old school mid 90’s clichés of Black Metal, firmly rooted in the underground, what Faustcoven first and foremost is, is a passionate declaration of love for everything that was great about 70’s and 80’s Metal, and a salute to the gods of the riff.

Post subject: Re: Faustcoven (NorveÅ¡ka)
PostPosted: 08. 05. 2012. 10:23 

Faustcoven – Hellfire And Funeral Bells (2012)
Genre: Black/Doom Metal
Origin: Norway
114 mb | Mp3, CBR 320 kbps [CD-Rip+Scans]

Tracklist:
01. Hellfire and Funeral Bells 08:19
02. Convent of Earthly Delights 07:22
03. Lost in the Forest of Suicide 05:37
04. When the Wolves Howl for Blood 04:07
05. Dr. Karswell 05:43
06. Choir of Mentors 10:30

Code:
http://www.easybytez.com/eeytp9zetl1e

Code:
http://rapidgator.net/file/12536934/Faustcoven.rar.html

Code:
http://ul.to/vpizz4dg

PostPosted: 08. 05. 2012. 20:41 

kakav je taj novi? meni je Rising jeben, dok mi Halo i nije nešt, al jednom sam ga poslušao samo

PostPosted: 08. 05. 2012. 21:31 

ma ja izgubio interes :mrgreen: