Rock Planet

rock-planet.com
It is currently 16. 04. 2024. 14:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Iron Maiden
PostPosted: 28. 06. 2011. 17:48 

Zasluženo. I jest.

PostPosted: 20. 07. 2011. 16:26 

IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson received an honorary doctorate in music from Queen Mary university in London, England on Tuesday, July 19. He was presented by Professor David Baker of the Centre For Neuroscience And Trauma in honor of Dr. Dickinson's contribution to the music industry.

Dickinson, 52, actually received a degree in history from the same college in 1979. His parents wanted him in the army, but he told them that he wanted to get a degree first. "That was what they wanted to hear so that was my cover story," he later said. "When I got down there, I started immediately finding and playing in bands."

Multi-talented Dr. Dickinson is not only a musician and song-writer, author, film script writer and TV broadcaster, also a champion fencer, entrepreneur and commercial airline pilot. In 2006, Dr. Dickinson flew 200 U.K. citizens home from Lebanon during the Israel-Hezbollah conflict in his converted Boeing 757.

Queen Mary is one of the U.K.'s leading research-focused universities, offering a broad range of degrees in humanities and social sciences; medicine and dentistry and science and engineering, with over 14,000 undergraduates, 2,000 postgraduate students and 3,000 staff.

PostPosted: 20. 07. 2011. 16:39 

Koji car!

PostPosted: 05. 08. 2011. 08:58 

Vocalist Bruce Dickinson of British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN has told Daily Star that the band will make "at least one more album" to follow last year's acclaimed "The Final Frontier".

Dickinson revealed that the bandmembers often struggle during the songwriting process, explaining: "We try to keep things on an even keel. Being English, we still have some reserve when we're communicating ideas to each other.

"[In the old days] we'd have a stand-up knock-down fight about anything. But we know each other better now and people do mellow."

He added, "[When it's time to write an album] we go off on our own, scribble ideas into our notebooks and come back to throw everything into the melting pot.

"We know the boundaries of what we can do musically.

"We're not the kind of band who could say, 'Hey, let's do an album with Kanye West,' because that wouldn’t interest MAIDEN fans at all.

"Things have been going a bit more prog-rock on our recent albums and the fans seem to love that."

In other news, IRON MAIDEN did not perform its classic song "The Trooper" during the band's headlining concert last night (Wednesday, August 3) in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Although no official explanation was given by the group for its decision to omit the track from the setlist, MAIDEN fans are speculating that this is because the band's mascot, Eddie, has been an inspiration for several Irish loyalist paramilitaries who have used its image from "The Trooper" single on wall murals throughout the North of Ireland (Photo#1, Photo#2, Photo#3).

Back in 2003, MAIDEN's Irish fans erupted in fury when Dickinson provocatively waved two giant Union Jacks during the band's first concert in Ireland in almost 10 years.

In addition to Dickinson, 52, MAIDEN features guitarists Adrian Smith, Janick Gers and Dave Murray, all 54, plus bassist Steve Harris, 55, and drummer Nicko McBrain, 57.

PostPosted: 05. 08. 2011. 10:38 

Snake wrote:
Vocalist Bruce Dickinson of British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN has told Daily Star that the band will make "at least one more album" to follow last year's acclaimed "The Final Frontier".

what is this i don't even.

Snake wrote:
"Things have been going a bit more prog-rock on our recent albums and the fans seem to love that."

FAIL

Snake wrote:
In other news, IRON MAIDEN did not perform its classic song "The Trooper" during the band's headlining concert last night (Wednesday, August 3) in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Although no official explanation was given by the group for its decision to omit the track from the setlist, MAIDEN fans are speculating that this is because the band's mascot, Eddie, has been an inspiration for several Irish loyalist paramilitaries who have used its image from "The Trooper" single on wall murals throughout the North of Ireland (Photo#1, Photo#2, Photo#3).

Back in 2003, MAIDEN's Irish fans erupted in fury when Dickinson provocatively waved two giant Union Jacks during the band's first concert in Ireland in almost 10 years.

Lijepo je podsjetit se da su Englezi teski smradovi. Pa cak i Mejdena, s vremena na vrijeme. Koji ce im to kurac?

PostPosted: 05. 08. 2011. 11:59 

Libijac ne rise :oops:

PostPosted: 05. 08. 2011. 12:25 

vista ih za vrat pa ih nosaj :P

PostPosted: 05. 08. 2011. 15:02 

ma meni je maiden sa zadnjim albumima posto smor bas... mislim ok je ta muzika i sve to, al pravo brzo postane smor. plus sto mi je tako jednolicno sve da nakon bnw-a, ne mogu izdvojit ni jednu pjesmu da kazem ono ovo je vrh, kakvih je bilo po 5-6 na svakom albumu maidena do tad.

PostPosted: 05. 08. 2011. 15:08 

Brave New World: Ghost of the Navigator, Wickerman, Thine Line Between Love and Hate

Dance of Death: Rainmaker, Journeyman (najlošiji u ovoj deceniji)

A Matter of Life and Death: Sve osim The Legacy, Lord of Light, Out of the Shadows. Prvu sam čuo The Pilgrim (s tog albuma), a nekako mi je najjača The Longest Day.

The Final Frontier: Coming Home ubjedljivo najjača, The Man Who Whould be King (možda sam fulao koji član :mrgreen: ). El Dorado je slušljiv samo zbog toga što je kao singl bio prije dostupan. Tako to biva kod mene.

PostPosted: 05. 08. 2011. 15:48 

Ma ja neznam, meni imaju po jednu pjesmu na svakom albumu od Brave New Worlda (koji je bio solidan, cak bolji od No Prayer for the Dying ako cemo iskreno). Na ovom novom nijednu. Jebalo ih to prog rock smaranje. A onakav bend bili.

PostPosted: 20. 09. 2011. 23:41 

Ne serite bezze. Maiden NEMA loseg albuma.

PostPosted: 21. 09. 2011. 00:59 

Ne kaze se starijim da "seru" kad izlazu misljenje. Kaze se TAKO JE, UPRAVU STE!

PostPosted: 21. 09. 2011. 09:51 

Lee B Yatz wrote:
Ne kaze se starijim da "seru" kad izlazu misljenje. Kaze se TAKO JE, UPRAVU STE!

Ne kenjaj dos´o si na RP :razz:

PostPosted: 21. 09. 2011. 09:56 

Omudina wrote:
Lee B Yatz wrote:

Ne kenjaj dos´o si na RP :razz:

I ti ćeš mlađima za koju godinu tako, baš zato što je ovo RP. :lol:

PostPosted: 21. 09. 2011. 11:36 

Vi'jaj hijerarhije , ne zna se ko je gluplji od nas sviju

PostPosted: 22. 09. 2011. 22:41 

o to svi znamo vjeruj mi, samo ti neznas :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 23. 11. 2011. 15:23 

kad bi se nase vlasti ovako angazirale oko rjesavanja gorucih problema, gdje bi nam bio kraj?

Quote:
IRON MAIDEN frontman and pilot Bruce Dickinson has vowed to resurrect a UK airline which has gone into administration.

Bruce Dickinson, IRON MAIDEN singer and airline pilot, will be doing more rather than less in the aviation industry following the closure of Astraeus Airlines with whom he was a Boeing 757 captain.

Gatwick-based Astraeus went into administration on Monday, November 21 — and by coincidence Dickinson was captain on the very last flight, operated on behalf of BMI, from Jeddah to Manchester.

Bruce Dickinson said: "I'm amused that the less well informed seem to be portraying me as having to resort to busking on the streets following the closure of Astraeus. The more astute members of my circle are aware there's rather more going on in my world.

"Firstly, I'm already working on a plan to try to save Astraeus, or at least create a new business with new jobs for my friends and former colleagues at Astraeus. This is a serious plan involving people who are very good at their jobs.

"Frankly, now Astraeus has been relieved of the business model imposed upon it by Icelandic owners, who, to be honest, perhaps did not fully appreciate the way the key commercial aviation markets operated, I see the potential for a viable operation should acquisition of the company prove achievable. There is no reason why the original business model, which established Astraeus as possibly the best and most successful organisation in its sector, cannot be resurrected to the benefit of former employees and airline partners and clients alike.

"Secondly, I am also involved in a project which could mean the creation of as many as 1,500 jobs in aerospace in South Wales. That could be a very good news story.

"Thirdly, I'm a long way into the development of a flight training company — Real World Aviation — which will be perfectly placed to help address the aviation industry's perennial challenge: producing new and qualified pilots. For some reason, even in difficult economic times, there is still a shortage of qualified commercial pilots

"I'm extremely upbeat about these opportunities, particularly the potential for a revival, in some form, of Astraeus. The removal of Icelandic ownership from the mix has removed a huge burden and barrier to the redevelopment potential. The enthusiasm is also fuelled by the deluge of messages I received from the second I switched on my phone after landing the last Astraeus flight on Monday, and, of course, the interest of a number of prospective investors.

"I will be back at the controls of a commercial airliner before I am very much older — but I may also be at the controls of the company that operates that airliner, and others like it."

Dickinson flew IRON MAIDEN, its 60-member crew and 12 tons of equipment around the world on the band's own customized Boeing 757, Ed Force One.

Ed Force One is named after MAIDEN's infamous mummy mascot "Eddie."

Dickinson told CNN.com in a 2007 interview, "Aviation's been kicking around my family for as long as I can remember; my uncle was in the RAF. But I always thought I was too stupid. I was useless at maths and majored in history at university, so I thought history majors don't become pilots, let alone rock stars. And then our drummer learned to fly so I said if a drummer can learn to fly then anyone can."

He added, "I never dreamed I would end up flying an airliner. I ended up flying IRON MAIDEN around on tour in a little eight-seat, pressurized, twin-engine plane. Basically we were flying round all the world's major airports, flew across the Atlantic and back, which was quite an adventure. At the end I thought I really want to fly something bigger, but I can't afford it — I can't buy my own 707. If I'm going to do that I have to get a job."

On how the thrill of piloting a 757 compares to taking to the stage with MAIDEN:

"It's a different kind of buzz. Obviously you aren't leaping around the flight deck yelling and screaming, but you have to manage situations... Flying at 35,000 feet is an internal thing, really. Whereas 35,000 people, that's just showing off."

On whether he will be hanging up his leopard-skin spandex forever:

"I could never contemplate giving up music. I have to say I've always been interested in planes, the only difference is I started to fly the darn things 15 years ago. I don't see why I should give up either of them. People say 'Why do you need a second job?' I say 'Why do you need to breathe?'"

PostPosted: 22. 03. 2012. 23:58 

http://rapidgator.net/file/1131570

PostPosted: 23. 03. 2012. 11:01 

Ja ne skidam dok original ne doleti kući.

PostPosted: 23. 03. 2012. 11:12 

vladoslayer wrote:
Ja ne skidam dok original ne doleti kući.

Pa ćeš onda skinuti? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next