Rock Planet

rock-planet.com
It is currently 25. 04. 2024. 15:55

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15. 12. 2004. 19:55 

Aruna wrote:
Zaviri na staru Iced Earth temu:P

hehehehe pa u tome i jest stvar sto sam ja pljuvao po Ripperu za Iced Earth i stojim iza toga da je Matt najveci kralj sto se tice vokala ali kad sam cuo sta je Shaffer rekao za Matt-a, da je ovaj bio samo potencijal metal vokala bez da mu je metal bio muzika koju voli, duboko sam se razocarao. Ali eto sad imam drugacije misljenje i to je to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16. 12. 2004. 16:11 

Emir (The Aebyss) wrote:
Aruna wrote:
Zaviri na staru Iced Earth temu:P

hehehehe pa u tome i jest stvar sto sam ja pljuvao po Ripperu za Iced Earth i stojim iza toga da je Matt najveci kralj sto se tice vokala ali kad sam cuo sta je Shaffer rekao za Matt-a, da je ovaj bio samo potencijal metal vokala bez da mu je metal bio muzika koju voli, duboko sam se razocarao. Ali eto sad imam drugacije misljenje i to je to.

to se odnosilo na Diokhan :P , al nevermind
Kad smo vec kod toga sto kazes, to je samo Scahafferovo subjektivno misljenje...koji je vjerojtno ogorcen sto je Matt otisao (ciji je doprinos bandu ogroman)...Uostalom, sam Scahaffer je jedina fiksna licnost u citavoj grupi, postava se mijenjala bezbroj puta. Mozda nije problem u drugim ljudim, nego u samom Schaffer??? Sto se Matta tice, ponekad kad osjetis da si dao maximum od sebe, izgubis elan. Mozda je bolje da nikako ne pjeva, nego da to radi sa pola potencijala

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16. 12. 2004. 17:01 

mat je otpevo glotious ali shafferu se nije svideo pa je traio drugog pevaca....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19. 12. 2004. 18:49 

e tu nam je jedna kompilacija The Blessed And The Damned pa procitajte o cemu se radi na :
http://www.theaebyss.com/recenzije/icedearth1.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04. 08. 2005. 17:21 

malo updatea :D

ICED EARTH guitarist/mainman Jon Schaffer recently spoke to LocalMetal.com about his decision to record a concept album based on the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" story first touched up on the 1998 album of the same name. Asked what made him decide to do a second part of "Something Wicked This Way Comes", Schaffer replied, "It's not really a second part. The 'Something Wicked' album, at the end of that record, there's a trilogy, and it's called the 'Something Wicked' trilogy. And that was a teaser to this entire story that I've written. The plan was always to follow up and do a full concept album based on that story that I've written. The problem was I didn't feel like the time was right, and I didn't feel that Century Media at the time was the right label to do it. And, of course, after we had signed with SPV… I always follow my heart, my gut instinct, and at the time I felt it was right to do something like 'The Glorious Burden' — that's what was coming out at the time. And for me as a writer, it just felt like the way to go. Now it feels like the time is right for me to do it, and it will be by far the most ambitious undertaking for me as a songwriter ever, because it's a very complex story, it spans the course of about 12,000 years of human history. It's a science-fiction horror story, conspiracy story. There's so many different elements in it that it's a trip. And what people heard on the trilogy is just really a teaser to what this whole thing is about. It's gonna be awesome."

With regards to how much input vocalist Tim Owens (ex-JUDAS PRIEST) will have in the songwriting process for the new album, Schaffer said, "Probably not that much, because the story has been there for awhile. Tim doesn't have experience as a songwriter. He's never really been given that opportunity. However, he WILL be given that opportunity in ICED EARTH. It's just that with this, it's kind of a done deal, and he's very aware of that. Also, just because somebody is a great singer doesn't necessarily mean they're a great songwriter, and you can basically ruin your career very quick if you're not careful about the way the writing goes, and Tim is aware of that also. He's doing a side project right now in which he has… It's him and another guitarist, it's a friend of his that's writing most of the material, but Tim is writing and he's gaining experience by doing that, which is a good thing. So we'll see… I mean, obviously, if Tim comes up wit hideas and they're really strong ideas, they'll get used and he'll get credit for it, and he knows that. But he also knows the importance of the decisions in songwriting, and if you're not careful, you can ruin your entire career. We have to be careful… It's funny to me. It blows me away how the human mind works and how people think that just because a guy plays an instrument he must be a songwriter, and that's so far from the truth, it's unbelievable. In all my years of being a professional musician, I've probably met two or three guys that are actual, real songwriters, and there's quite a difference."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06. 08. 2005. 16:24 

Meni se ne svidjaju, al et... 100 ljudi 100 cudi, 100 zena 200 sisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06. 08. 2005. 17:18 

bez obzira na promjene i sve to, Iced Earth su i dalje nastavili sa odlicnim radom i neka ih na sceni sve dok ne zavrse kao Metallica. hehehehehehe nadam se da nikad to i nece uciniti fanovima.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07. 08. 2005. 03:57 

Glorious Burden je dobar album tehnicki i sve to.. al nije Iced Earth jednostavno, nema taj njihov pecat.. ovo bi moglo cak i liciti na nesto opet, al bez Barlowa, ne znam, opet ce faliti nesto vise tu i gotovo..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07. 08. 2005. 18:17 

Matt je bio za Iced Earth ono sto je Bruce za Maiden...zvoci dobro i bez njega al nije to to!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11. 08. 2005. 22:27 
Nisam pratio bas temu! Ali reci cu misljenje koje je vec ovdje vjerovatno izreceno i o kojem se raspravljalo! Iced Earth je legendaran bend i meni jedan od boljih! Ne svida mi se promjena vokala ali su mi opet super,samo bi bili bolji po meni u onom starom stilu! Samo neka ih!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16. 08. 2005. 10:50 

Keeper wrote:
Matt je bio za Iced Earth ono sto je Bruce za Maiden...zvoci dobro i bez njega al nije to to!

Matt Barlow :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. 08. 2005. 01:59 
Administrator

ma kakav god da bio,glas ce njegov uvijek ostat isti,i niko ga ne pormijeni.najjaca glascina ikad

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. 08. 2005. 02:02 

najjača iza par ostalih

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. 08. 2005. 03:46 

Kako kome.. najizrazajniji i najbolji live vokal ako nista..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. 08. 2005. 03:47 

ma kaj bi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. 08. 2005. 10:53 

In a recent interview with OnTrack Magazine Jon made a couple of interesting statements regarding Iced Earth's future. Here are the essential parts:

- The next two Iced Earth albums will continue and finish the "Something Wicked" Storyline. They are going to be released 6 months apart and will have a combined playing time of three and a half hours. Jon wants these albums to be his equivalent to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" or Queensryche's "Operatoin Mindcrime". Quote Jon: "This is it — this has got to destroy everything we've ever done."

- Jon will concentrate on writing these albums, there will be no further tour until they're released - unless a band like Maiden or Metallica asks Iced Earth to support them.

- Seems like Jon's back's finally getting better, however he will always take a therapist on tour with him to help if things should get worse again.

- In another interview LocalMetal.com Jon also commented on Tim's involvement in the writing process for the album. Apparently, Tim propably won't play that much of a role at all as Jon regards the SW albums as a "done deal" that he has a very exact image of in his mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02. 03. 2006. 01:29 

Band je super , stvarno ih volim, sve pohvale ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15. 05. 2006. 08:50 

Iced Earth Rules!
Jedan od mojih najdrazih bendova..svaka im cast

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. 05. 2006. 19:53 

WAKE UP BOYS!! :D

Posted by Jon Schaffer on 2006-05-08 21:18:03:

Hello Everyone!

I know I've been really lame with the updates and I'm sorry about that. We've let things get pretty lax here at Iced Earth.com and we're going to be making some changes in this in the not too distant future. As some of you are aware, I'm not really the internet type of guy and only use it for my email, and even that I avoid often (which does annoy my business associates at times; but hey, that's what phones are for!), so I spend as little time as possible on a computer; unless it's my studio computer and I'm spending a LOT of time on that one. Tim enjoys surfing and all of that stuff so he's going to be involved in the IE site a lot more in the future. You'll be seeing some big changes in the site with the release of the next IE CD.

Which actually brings me to the next bit of news... I'm completely consumed in the writing process of what will be by far the most ambitious album(s) IE has ever done. Some of you probably know that the next 2 releases will comprise the full concept album of the Something Wicked story line, Part 1 & Part 2. I know it's taken quite some time to get this beast on its way to fruition, but it IS finally happening, and I really feel the time is right. The goal is to make this our most epic, dynamic, most melodic and heaviest CD ever. Because of the depth and detail of the story it would be impossible to do it on one CD, there simply is not enough time, so I'm writing both parts at one time so that the continuity is there. If I were to wait a year or two to start writing part 2 I would be in a completely different frame of mind and it wouldn't work nearly as well, so the best thing is to do all the writing at once. We'll get Part 1 recorded, mixed and released and then finish part 2 which will come out about 6 months later. That's at least the preliminary plan. We are still pretty early in the process but things are starting to move along nicely.

I know it's been some time since the release of "The Glorious Burden" and I ask you to please be patient because what's coming next is going to blow you away. This is the album that IE fans have been waiting for.

I want to apologize to the European fans for not making it over there for a headline tour on the last album. My back problems got too intense to be on the road and that really screwed things up for everyone, myself, the rest of the guys in the band, our crew, the promoters etc.. We would have toured a lot more than we did had I not had these problems. The great thing is that the last surgical procedure I had in October of 2004 seems to have worked to make the pain much more tolerable. I did very extensive therapy for many months and am committed to being in the best shape of my life by the time we tour again. It's good to be enjoying life for the first time in a very long time.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you that have picked up the Demons & Wizards "Touched by the Crimson King" CD. Sales have been excellent worldwide and again have exceeded myself and Hansi's expectations. It outsold the 1st release in mere months in many territories, (including the US), around the world and charted high in several European countries. The normal mode of operation is to get out and push the CD by doing live shows but due to Hansi's activities with Blind Guardian and my writing schedule for the next IE release it will probably be a while before we do any live shows. We knew we had a small window of opportunity to get this one recorded and released and were aware that touring was going to be done at a later date from the beginning. We felt it had been too long since the first CD was released so we opted for this plan instead of waiting another 2 years to get the 2nd CD out. We will be doing a live CD at some point here in the States, probably NYC, and that's sure to be quite an event!

2005 was a very special year for me. My daughter was born and it's been by far the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. After so many years of ass breaking work to keep this band alive and successful it was time for me to take care of #1. So I devoted my time to my health and my family and it was great. My batteries definitely needed recharging. Things are in perspective like never before and I feel more determined and more focused than ever. I can say in full confidence that this is coming through in the music.

Contrary to some rumors IE is still very much alive and will be coming back with a vengeance, stronger and more driven than ever to spread our brand of metal. Tim, Bobby and I are very much looking forward to getting these CD's in the can and getting back out to see you all again.

I haven't concentrated until recently with filling the open positions as there are plenty of very talented musicians out there that would love to be a part of the IE legacy. We get hit with demos and email constantly from a lot of great players, even when we're not looking. I'm checking out a few people and announcements will be made when the decisions have been made.

I'll leave another post here in the near future with some titles and updates on the writing and happenings in IE world.

Until next time, Cloven Hooves up!

\m/ \m/

Best to you all,

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31. 05. 2006. 19:56 

Nista to bez Barlowa.. not the same..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next