Rock Planet

rock-planet.com
It is currently 16. 04. 2024. 16:51

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Iced Earth
PostPosted: 01. 07. 2011. 15:49 

na ovo se ide... :D

PostPosted: 01. 07. 2011. 17:16 

nekro wrote:
na ovo se ide... :D

eno, de mysteriis mu sranje, a ove manekene slusa ccc :razz: :D

PostPosted: 01. 07. 2011. 17:25 

nisam rekao da je sranje, ali ga vala ne dizem ko neki :razz:

a Iced je bog i batina :D

PostPosted: 13. 07. 2011. 08:07 

American power metallers ICED EARTH have entered the studio to begin recording their new album, "Dystopia", for a tentative late 2011 release via Century Media Records. The CD will mark the band's recording debut with singer Stu Block (INTO ETERNITY), who joined ICED EARTH in March following the departure of Matt Barlow. (Note: Barlow is performing with the band on all summer festival dates. Block will take over from there, starting with the European leg of ICED EARTH's world tour in November.)

Commented ICED EARTH guitarist/mainman Jon Schaffer: "All is well here as we are pushing forward with master tracking the new album, 'Dystopia'.

"We have finished drums and rhythm guitars and are right on schedule.

"I'll be heading to Europe tomorrow for a few festival dates and then right back to work in the studio on Monday.

"[Producer] Jim Morris and I are having a great time, as usual, and are very much looking forward to starting vocal tracks with 'Stucifer' next week!

"Stu Block has contributed a lot to the vocal parts on this record, with co-writing credits on 10 out of 12 songs, and I'm very happy with our chemistry and what we've accomplished together so far. And we're just getting started."

Songtitles set to appear on "Dystopia":

* Dystopia
* Anthem
* Days of Rage
* Soylent Green
* V
* Boiling Point
* Tragedy and Triumph
* Anguish of Youth
* Iron Will

ICED EARTH's long-awaited live DVD extravaganza, "Festivals Of The Wicked", boasts nearly six hours of material — three full headliner shows (over 40 live tracks!), a photo gallery shot by famed rock photographer Ross Halfin, plus a 90-minute documentary. It was released on June 27 in Europe and July 12 in the U.S.

PostPosted: 27. 07. 2011. 16:46 

Although Dystopia, Iced Earth’s 10th studio offering, is not a concept album, founder Jon Schaffer admits there are unifying themes to several of the songs – and even an appearance by band mascot “Set Abominae.”

“I’ve always been fascinated by the darker side of life,” Schaffer said during a break from master tracking Iced Earth’s forthcoming album. “Movies like Metropolis, Brazil, and The Matrix resonate with me. The same for albums like 2112, The Wall, and of course Operation:Mindcrime. Their images of a soulless, repressive society stuck with me over the years. It must be the sci-fi fan in me.”

In much the same way Horror Show (Iced Earth’s tribute to classic characters from literature and movies) was born, Schaffer said his interest in dystopian themes in music and movies led him to try his hand at that genre as well – even paying homage on the new album to the movies Dark City, V For Vendetta, and Soylent Green. The end result is Iced Earth meets the nightmarish offspring of Brave New World and Blade Runner.

Of special interest to long-time fans are two songs on Dystopia (the title track and “Tragedy and Triumph”) that feature the return of the “Something Wicked” storyline and “Set Abominae” – who, when last seen in The Crucible of Man [2008], had taken his position as ruler of the world.

“The opening song is a step back timeline-wise from the ‘Come What May’ track,” said Schaffer. “‘Come What May’ [the last track on Crucible] sets the scenario that it’s up to us and the decisions we make that will determine the future of the human race. These two songs [on Dystopia] take place at a time when people are in highly controlled prison-like city states, and their eventual emancipation in the closer, ‘Tragedy and Triumph’.”

In an uncanny case of art imitating life, Schaffer said Set Abominae fit perfectly with the general theme of Dystopia.

“I remember it hit me like a ton of bricks in ’97, the whole Something Wicked story did,” Schaffer said. “I thought, ‘Man, this is going to be so cool.’ Many years later, we were on tour for Crucible and we were doing an interview over in Eastern Europe. A buddy of mine said, ‘You know, Jon, this whole Something Wicked thing could be true.’ I thought about it a moment and said, ‘Well, I don’t know about that. But there are some creepy parallels in contemporary life.’”

“So as I was thinking about all of the great movies, albums, and books with dystopian themes, I remembered that conversation and it occurred to me that the Something Wicked story could continue in a few tracks here very nicely,” Schaffer said.

Schaffer admits the recording of Dystopia has been especially challenging because of the band’s summer festival gigs requiring him to criss-cross the ocean numerous times.

Despite the challenges, Schaffer says working with new vocalist Stu Block is “a pleasure.”

“You just can’t ask for a better attitude,” said Schaffer. “Stu is so excited to be here. He brings a youthful exuberance to the band, which is a lot of fun. And he’s a real dude. He’s down to earth, and willing to try anything that Jim [Morris, co-producer, engineer] or I throw at him. He’s stepping into the shoes in a very natural way.”

Schaffer continues: “We’re opening up a part of his voice and a style of singing that he didn’t even really know he had. We’re exploring this whole new range. And we’re just getting started. I believe Stu will continue to grow – and has the potential to grow – into one of the greats, one of the guys that will go down in metal history. If he stays on this course, with the attitude that he has, his willingness to learn, and his passion, he’s destined for really great things. I firmly believe that.”

Song Titles on Dystopia:

Dystopia
Anthem
Days of Rage
Soylent Green
V
Boiling Point
Anguish of Youth
Iron Will
Dark City
End of Innocence
Equilibrium
Tragedy and Triumph

Dystopia is scheduled for release in Europe on October 17th, and in the U.S. on October 18th both via Century Media. Two bonus tracks are also being recording for inclusion on special editions of the album.

The release of Dystopia will be followed by the most extensive world tour Iced Earth has ever undertaken.

The European leg of the 2011-2012 World Dystopia Tour has been posted on the band’s official web site, and all official social-media sites. The tour begins October 30th in Bochum, Germany.

PostPosted: 23. 08. 2011. 14:10 

ko zeli da cuje kako zvuci album, nek veceras u 21 h na http://www.radiosarajevo.ba prati The Aebyss, otvaramo pjesmom "Dystopia"...

PostPosted: 23. 08. 2011. 17:50 

ipak zbog komplikacija, pjesma se nece smjeti pustiti..jebga.. :)

PostPosted: 07. 09. 2011. 01:03 

Najjače nešta ove godine izdato u metal svijetu. DYSTOPIA

Stu Block je bog od vokala, fakat.

PostPosted: 07. 09. 2011. 02:21 

ccc ne provociraj ljude... :mrgreen:

al slazem se s tobom za album :)

PostPosted: 08. 09. 2011. 09:23 

Dante's Inferno sa Stu Blockom na vokalima:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUxRKUh9KTY

PostPosted: 09. 09. 2011. 12:41 

Fresh from a ten day European press junket (along with new singer Stu Block), ICED EARTH main man Jon Schaffer assembled the entire band in New Jersey. A working foundry, housed in the rundown former Ewing Animal Hospital, in a shady neighborhood of the state's capital, served as the soundstage for both 'Anthem' and the title track from the forthcoming Dystopia (scheduled for release in Europe on October 17th and in North America on October 18th both via Century Media). The first is a standard band performance video, while the later, which revolves around the Set Abominae storyline. It see Block don make-up, becoming "Stu-bot" or "Stu-borg" as the rest of the guys jokingly refer to him. "'Dystopia' is really important for people to see/hear Stu's three voices," says Schaffer. "I really wish we had time to do some animation, get Set in there, but this has to be ready two weeks before the album is released, which is like two weeks from now!" Talk about working right up to the last minute.

The band, loose and joking, started at 12:30pm and six takes of the song as a group had already been completed upon BraveWords.com arrival around 4pm. Everyone is standing around, eating lunch on the fly. With acetylene torches laying on the cement floor underfoot, the crane mounted camera crammed into the available corners of the tiny brick room. Drummer Brent Smedley laid down the beat (yes, actually playing along to the pre-recorded music) as a pair of industrial grinders shower him in sparks. He runs through the entire song, for what will probably only be a few intercut seconds. Thus, if one of the grinders shoots further than the other, or cuts out intermittently, no problem. It can be edited accordingly.

Stu, without his make-up, is the next to get the solo treatment, again a full run-through, despite ultimately seeing his scenes trading with full band shots and other individuals. He stands precariously on what appears to be some sort of smokestack/vent, the camera just inches from his face as a torrent of fiery metal shards cascade around him. Finished, he cracks a few jokes and shuffles off to have his make-up appliance applied. The producer has moved Smedley's drums to a new position for overhead shots and better lighting (possible continuity flaws in final product?) Variations on a theme to round out the footage, until Stu is ready, but I take my leave of the band before that. Enjoy the photos and check out the video for 'Dystopia' in a few weeks. Jon even hinted there might be a third, live/in concert clip, later in the year!

PostPosted: 09. 09. 2011. 14:45 

Snake wrote:
Dante's Inferno sa Stu Blockom na vokalima:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUxRKUh9KTY

dobar je dok imitira barlowa. kad krene klin upiso sam se od pederluka :D

PostPosted: 11. 09. 2011. 13:20 

Iced Earth – Dante’s Inferno (Single) (2011)
Genre: Power/Heavy/Thrash Metal, Progressive Metal
Quality: MP3, CBR 192 kbps

Tracklist:
01. Dante’s Inferno (2011 Version) (17:28)

Code:
http://www.wupload.com/file/162162447

Code:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1940561504

Sa ovim novim pjevačem.

PostPosted: 27. 09. 2011. 21:31 

http://www.radiosarajevo.ba/media/player.html

gost vecerasnjeg izdanja John Schaffer putem veze, prica oko novog albuma.

PostPosted: 27. 09. 2011. 23:51 

promrzla karina :lol: :D

PostPosted: 28. 09. 2011. 00:38 

Seha, neozbiljan si :D

PostPosted: 28. 09. 2011. 17:18 

ma ne valja vam ovaj vokal ba, ko da je pjevao u soilu prije :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 28. 09. 2011. 17:24 

Meni bend k'o bend općenito nije nešto. Previše mi bacaju na Maidene.

PostPosted: 07. 11. 2011. 18:27 

Kakav vam je novi album :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 07. 05. 2013. 01:08 

Brent Smedley je napustio bend :|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next