Rock Planet

rock-planet.com
It is currently 28. 04. 2024. 20:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Buzzov-en
PostPosted: 03. 11. 2008. 13:40 

I was first introduced to Buzzoven via Roadrunner Records and a promo pack for the "Sore" album in 1994. At the time I was doing a crappy little zine devoted to Death Metal, Grind and Punk and was lucky enough to be on Roadrunner's mailing list for promo items. Upon my first listen to "Sore", I was stunned. I can remember that intro to the song "Sore" sending chills up my spine. The woman hysterically crying, the occasional guitar riff and drum hit, Kirk whispering "Kill yourself", and the appropriate "Welcome to violence" sample looped repeatedly, all for several minutes before the actual song kicked in. I could tell just from the intro that this wasn't going to be just another death, grind or thrash band...and I didn't have to wait long for that to be proven! Suddenly, screeching guitar feedback which give way to what can only be described as being the musical equivalent of being hit full force in the face with a brick! This ferocious, angry, evil sound rips through the speakers...manic and full of piss and vinegar, followed by the sickest vocals I've ever heard! Now I had been a fan of heavy music for years...death metal, grind, black metal, but I hadn't (and still haven't) heard any band heavier than Buzzoven. Not heavy in a down-tuned, belching cookie monster vocals sort of death metal or grind way, but heavy as in vicious, pissed off, angry, blunt, traumatic, in-your-face ready to kill you sort of way. The musical equivalent of a drug overdose. With lyrics that could only fit with music like this, capturing perfectly the dark side of dealing with everyday life, people and situations. Depression, confusion, anger (LOTS of anger), hopelessness, helplessness, bitterness, frustration...all feelings that generally come up a lot in Buzzoven's songs...usually in the same song, and usually in the form of incomplete sentences. And of course, keep in mind that all of their lyrics are "subject to change without notice", as stated in most of their releases. I have been hooked since that first listen and have collected almost all of their releases, which aren't easy to come by. Unfortunately, I never got to see the band live, (other than a few videos I managed to acquire through trading). Actually I had the chance once when they came through Louisville, Ky. (where I live) with Gwar and The Dickies in 1994. But due to the people I went with, we got there late, just as Buzzoven had finished. We got there just as a guy was sweeping broken glass off the stage after their set. Apparently some beer bottles had gotten broken onstage, with Kirk then proceeding to roll around in the broken glass while playing guitar. The people at the show were in shock when we got there. They looked as if they'd just been through a war! By all accounts, Buzzoven actually blew Gwar and The Dickies off the stage that night! But now, unfortunately, Buzzoven's releases are almost all out of print. Allied Recordings has closed shop, Roadrunner took "Sore" out of print awhile back, and most of the other releases were on very small independent labels that have almost all folded over the years.

~Jeff Polk - fansite webmaster

treš.slađkor.nešto.dum. ukratko narkići. ima li vas još prosvijetljenih?

Post subject: Re: Buzzov-en
PostPosted: 03. 11. 2008. 13:45 

Ima mene prosvijetljene, ali ima i tema, svemsečini.

PostPosted: 03. 11. 2008. 13:47 

tražio sam, nisam našao :|

PostPosted: 03. 11. 2008. 13:57 

ixxxa wrote:
tražio sam, nisam našao :|

Ma nem' veze. Bend je dobar. Može dupla tema.

PostPosted: 03. 11. 2008. 20:04 

I ja sam mislio da ima tema? Uglavnom, jebenica. Bas sam trazio sta da slusam i ev' odgovora. U facu :o .

PostPosted: 04. 11. 2008. 21:01 

haha i ja, kurčev admin sam mislio da ima tema, al eto nema, hauevr, imam samo Sore, i onako nekako naajviše sam oduševljen kao vi :D

PostPosted: 01. 01. 2010. 20:55 

Prava novogodisnja poslastica.
http://www.myspace.com/buzzovenx
:D :D :D