Rock Planet

rock-planet.com
It is currently 22. 05. 2024. 11:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Fenriz' Red Planet
PostPosted: 04. 07. 2009. 04:14 

kao, snimo krajem osamdesetih negdje Fenriz neke pjesme za svoj trad doom album, pa odusto, pa onda opet se nesto igro, pa u medjuvremenu mu se izgleda vise nije dalo, da bi ove godine izbacio split s Nattefrostom nazvan Engangsgrill.
posten skroz. ako nista, ovo je ljubav prema muzici :D

What's the story behind 'Engangsgrill' and the pre-Isengard doom tracks?

“Oh, this old story. It'll be a long and boring answer with lots of nooks and crannies; in '89, the summer of '89, I decided to do a one-man project and I was working on that in a small portable studio, the same studio that we recorded 'Transilvanian Hunger' at. It's 1989 now, that's twenty years ago. I was doing of course the Isengard demo and was also making a doom metal project, but I had already recorded one track to it. I called the project Pilgrim Sands, which was inspired by the first Candlemass kinda vibe I guess, and some Revelation from New York/New Jersey on the East Coast, who're also a key band for Red Planet in '92 and '93. So anyway, the Isengard demo was finished and I just canned the whole doom metal project since I was extremely busy with Darkthrone and also,” he laughs, “the distribution of the Isengard demo.

“I had some access to that studio again in '91 and I recorded some more Isengard, but I didn't know I was going to do a complete Isengard album. At that point in '91 we were working on Darkthrone for Peaceville and had an advance to record other stuff to, then in '92 I think I only did the 'Under A Funeral Moon' album, then '93 came and I had extreme loads of recording to do and I started getting my hands on that studio again. And also, since we didn't do much with Darkthrone, I started off in Valhall again – the studio is with the Valhall guy anyway – and I played in this band Valhall in '88 and '89 and then I had to quit because Darkthrone were so busy. They hadn't changed styles to doom metal and it was more like, whatever, hectic black thrash/punk. Anyway before I started recorded the first Isengard goal for Peaceville I remember asking them if I should do, like, a doom metal solo project album and they were like, 'Yeah! We'd be interested in that,' so I started recording it. I just continued that Pilgrim Sands project that I canned in '89.

“I did those three tracks and then I got really caught up in playing in Valhall and the whole doom metal side of me just fed on that, so when I started recording more, I started recording for myself in Isengard instead of continuing with the doom metal album. I didn't have a contract, I could do whatever, so what I ended up doing was the first Isengard solo album instead of that doom metal thing. I just donated one of those doom metal songs to the band Valhall ['Kingdom Fire' from the 'Trauma' demo] and then the tape was kept a secret, only being played for very few and very close friends. And I did not distribute this demo. And what happened was I hung around with Apollyon from Aura Noir, and I get along really great with him because he's from the same place as me, and he's got such a cool taste in music that he got a kick out of that project because I played it for him. I dubbed him a tape so he had it in his home.

“Many years later, like seven years later, I made him that tape and after that he and Nattefrost - Roger - were touring together and he was like, 'Hey, did you ever here those doom metal tracks that Fenriz did in '93?' and Roger was like, 'No'. He played them for Roger and Roger got into it, and after a while Roger contacted me and said, 'We should do a split' and I said, 'Why not?'. I couldn't do anything with those tracks anyway and I was also fond of them so I said, 'Okay, go ahead'. This was in 2004/2005 we had this idea and Roger is a busy guy with like a thousand shows a year, so it took forever. I don't know what kind of label he was thinking should put it out, maybe what label he was on back then. Now, here we are and it's out on Indie in Norway. That's a very boring story but the most important thing is that it was recorded in tribute for a certain kind of pure doom metal, now I see that Indie have put the word 'stoner' on the news sheet but in '93, the word 'stoner' didn't even exist and I certainly didn't want to be any kind of...” he trails off and laughs. “I could listen to Kyuss but I didn't like these songs and I didn't like their new style, the only style I liked was a couple of songs from Sleep. The only thing that inspired this project was one song of Sleep's and all the rest were doom metal bands that I'd been into since I was a kid - '80
s stuff' - and especially bands like Revelation, Trouble, Black Sabbath, Pentagram...”

http://uploading.com/files/57JFA7HS/Ntt.rar.html

Post subject: Re: Fenriz' Red Planet
PostPosted: 04. 07. 2009. 09:35 

slušao ovaj split zadnji i mogu reć da su mi jebene stvari :D

Post subject: Re: Fenriz' Red Planet
PostPosted: 04. 07. 2009. 15:38 

E daj da vidimo...