Rock Planet

rock-planet.com
It is currently 28. 04. 2024. 23:58

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Horror flics as recommended by Jus Oborn
PostPosted: 21. 08. 2005. 23:50 

DEVIL'S ANGELS [USA 1967] & PSYCHOMANIA [UK 1971] First up two biker movies which, I think, represent how a band like Electric Wizard should be... like a crazy fuckin' bike gang; burning, looting, raping and shooting. There's so many inspirational moments in these movies.
"Devil's Angels" is so apocalyptic and doom ridden and has a great fuzz drenched soundtrack, the song "Devil's Rumble" is probaly the first doom track around.
"Psychomania" has it all, satanic bikers that come back from the dead as a living dead bike gang, called 'the living dead.' Awesome! Also this one is British so it is even more relevant...
As a teenager I really believed this movie was true, and if I commited suicide and really believed I wouldn't die, I would become a living dead biker too!!!

"THE DUNWICH HORROR" [USA 1970] & "SIMON, KING OF THE WITCHES" [USA 1971]Now two movies which feature true Electric Wizards !!!! An 'Electric Wizard' is not fuckin Gandalf and all that gay elf loving shit... Wilbur Whately is a fuckin 'Electric Wizard.'
"Dunwich Horror" is cool as hell and sums up the whole Electric Wizard ethos; psychedelic black mass horror!!! The dark side of the late 60s and early 70s, weird drugs, tentacle rape and of course H.P.Lovecraft... this movie is electric wizard made into a movie...
"Simon" is THEE Electric Wizard, a really freaky head movie that features a true wizard. Its kinda druggy and hard to understand but that makes it cooler, you just have to keep watching it till it makes sense... LSD is recomended!!!

"FRIGHTMARE" [UK 1974] and "LIVING DEAD AT THE MANCHESTER MORGUE" [ITA 1974] These two movies actually came out as a double bill, which I would have killed for to have seen back then! Awesome! Both are classic horror flics set in England, and show the creepier side of Blighty.
"Frightmare" is unbelievable, a truly sick and downbeat shocker about a cannibalistic mother, really creepy scenes when she reads the tarot for her victims. And who can forget the drill... ahead of its time, definitly!

"The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue" is a grade A classic! Every frame is saturated with doom and gloom; bleak mountains and deserted graveyards, and the whole subtext of the cops thinking its the sick hippy satanists and not the living dead. "You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and your faggot clothes, drugs, sex, every sort of filth and you hate the police don't you?... You make it easy!!!"

"ALL THE COLOURS OF DARKNESS" aka "Tutti i colori del Buio" [ITA 1972]
Another movie set in England and the direct inspiration to the extra track on "We Live." Basically a young lady [the gorgeous Edwige Fenech] is lured into the world of black magic, sex & drugs because she lost her baby and can't get it on with her husband anymore. Really cool and scary with a really hallucinatory vibe [is it really happening??]. Obviously inspired by "Rosemarys Baby", but more pop artish and psychedelic. Fuckin great! And a great introduction to the Italian 'Giallo' genre. Check it out!

"HORROR HOSPITAL" [UK 1973]A totally deranged and psyched out horror spoof, which is funny without being stupid. Totally crazed 70's fashions and a grim and gory finale. It also stars my favorite horror actor / icon Michael Gough!!! This guy is so fuckin cool. I just can't understand why he isn't as famous as Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing. He is totally evil and slimy in every role he does!!
This movie also features the train station that is next to our studio, it felt like we were travelling to 'horror hospital' every day. And it also starts with a genuine 70's doom band performing at the start called MYSTIC... did they record anything??"

"WEREWOLF SHADOW" [SPAIN 1971]
YEAH... I love fuckin werewolves, and this one is killer; tons of gore, nudity and black masses!!! This one stars Spain's horror legend Paul Naschy who was in 8 werewolf movies , all featuring the tormented werewolf Waldemar Daninsky. He also wrote, starred and even directed like 20 other movies. They are all pretty awesome!
I love "Werewolf Shadow" cos' of the cool direction and grim and gloomy atmosphere but also I was watching it constantly while we were recording "We Live." Gory werewolf deaths and totally hot Eurobabes... who could ask for more??!!

"LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT" [USA 1972] Last but not least, this sick fucker of a movie. Everyone I know hates it but I fuckin love it!!! It is so sick, but why not?? Escaped convicts hopped up on drugs rape and mutilate innocent rock chicks, that are trying to get to see Bloodlust [Black Sabbath???] in concert.
The fact that there's a chick in the gang makes it so cool; chicks can be pshyco drug killers too!!!
Also the fact that the murders happen in this totally idyllic and beautiful woodland with mellow, hippy music playing makes it totally surreal.. and the road leads to nowhere!!! Expect to hear this song covered by Electric Wizard soon!And to think this is directed by Wes Craven, why did he do so much shit after this?? This is his best movie hands down!
Also check out the great book about the movie by David Szulkin [of Bloodfarmers-fame], it really is fuckin awesome, the best movie book ever written!!!

eto šta preporučuje pjevač elektrik vizarda,pa gledajte ako ste u prilici

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22. 08. 2005. 08:34 

fukkin horror freak metalheads :P

nikad nisam nesto gotivio kultne horore, a bogami slabo iove mainstream horore. Horor je Harmony Korine :D il Fox News :D

EDIT: Mada je inspiracija ocita. Al mi bilo nekako veca furka zamisljat da su oni svoje atmosfere kupili cisto iz gudre i svog zivota jebem mu. To mi nekako ispade romantiziranje tudjeg rada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22. 08. 2005. 14:48 

uh, ima ovdje dobrih stvari, mrtvi old school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22. 08. 2005. 16:01 

long live The SPEAKER!!!!!!

KoldVoid, da si zgodna ženska, ili bar zgodan, oženio bih se tobom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24. 08. 2005. 19:28 

ma neja ipak nista bez Variole Vere :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. 10. 2005. 20:21 

legalise drugs and murder

hail all witchfinder movies and other horror, spree killing and the mighty dopethrone!!

smoke it!!!

Post subject: Re: Horror flics as recommended by Jus Oborn
PostPosted: 29. 03. 2010. 23:36 

ce se uposlit torrenti sad.. kasnim samo pet godina, sta je to.. :D

PostPosted: 30. 03. 2010. 05:24 

LIVING DEAD AT THE MANCHESTER MORGUE
je mozda jedan od najboljih kultnih horor filmova. bas ono definicija rijeci kult. tacan naziv je "non si deve profanare il sonno dei morti", a moze i breakfast at the manchester morgue, ili let sleeping corpses lie. film je talijanski naravno, na engleskom jeziku. radnja se odvija u manchesteru, kako stoji u nazivu. najbolji definitivno od svih ovih preporucenih, i moje tople preporuke, jes da nisam oborn, al sam ih pregledo vise sigurno :razz:

PostPosted: 30. 03. 2010. 09:59 

haha, ma i ja sinoc cekiram ove na imdbu i vidim samo taj onako znacajnije rangiran.. ovo ostalo sve nesto oko 5ice.. tresina :D ..doduse i ovaj obecava http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069390/

PostPosted: 30. 03. 2010. 15:42 

ne racunajuci romera, talijani prave najbolje kultne horor filmove i to period kraja 70tih, 80te, i pocetak 90tih. i saradnja sa spancima im ide od ruke. pregledao sam vecinu toga, licna kolekcija broji stotine takvih filmova. al definitivno to ne moze gledat neko ko prati samo moderne trendove filma, moras stvarno voljet i klasike i kultne horore da bi ti valjalo.

PostPosted: 30. 03. 2010. 17:58 

e adi, kako bi bilo da ti donesem kakav eksterni da mi stagod snimis a? :D

PostPosted: 02. 04. 2010. 05:16 

nije frka buraz, samo daj disk i imaces tone crvavih talijanskih zombija, nes nikad vise mesa okusit :mrgreen: